Hunt For Wolverine #1 Adam Kubert Retailer Incentive Variants
Marvel Comics, June 2018.
The RETURN OF WOLVERINE begins here, providing the first piece of a mystery that will leave no corner of the Marvel Universe untouched. Just as the X-Men have finally come to terms with Logan's death, they learn a terrible secret. Old wounds will be re-opened, truths questioned, and an epic quest begun. The earliest clues to the mystery of Wolverine's return are laid down here... who will solve it first?
This issue was written by Charles Soule with interior art by David Marquez. These are the Adam Kubert 1:1000 sketch variant (Diamond code: FEB180750 / barcode: 7-59606-08995-6-00151) and 1:500 color variant (Diamond code: FEB180749 / barcode: 7-59606-08995-6-00141).
Above are the other covers available from thru Diamond (Diamond code and barcode suffix in brackets):
- Standard cover by Steve McNiven (FEB180745 / 00111)
- Mike Deodato 1:50 cover (FEB180748 / 00121)
- Steve McNiven B&W 1:50 cover (FEB180746 / 00131)
- Standard cover by Steve McNiven (FEB180747 / 00161)
- Marco Checchetto cover (FEB180751 / 00171)
- Adam Kubert Teaser cover (FEB180752 / 00181)
- Blank variant (FEB180753 / 00191)
- Second print cover by David Marquez (MAR188610 / 00112 )
Above is the KRS Comics Gabrielle Dell'Otto virgin art cover variant.
The wrap-around art on the Kubert retailer incentive covers (above) was remastered from Wolverine #90 (from the 1988 Wolverine series), shown below:
In early January 2020, CGC recorded 74 gradings of the "Remastered Edition", with 65 in the top grade of 9.8 (near mint / mint) as well as 45 gradings of the "Remastered Sketch Edition", with all but one in the top grade of 9.8.